The webrun service allows you to run a simulation directly from your web browser. You do not need to download, install and run any code on your computer. In this way we invite the community to use our tools for their needs.
Status and features of the WebRunFor a given cosmic ray spectrum the simulation provides the the expected degree of ionization inside a Molecular Cloud. Furthermore, the gamma-ray emission observed at Earth is calculated resulting from the assumed CR spectrum. A detailed documentaion will provided soon, till then you find a list of the most prominent features below.
- Individual input spectra for electrons/protons
- power law or broken power law in momentum
- Min/Max models for "CR sea" spectra
- calculation for CR protons and/or electrons
- fully relativistic differential cross sections
- selfconsitent calculation of secondary ionisations
- assumed target cloud consists of pure molecular hydrogen
- straight line propagation (energy losses) to the column density of interrest
- determination of the part of the CR spectrum responsible for 90% of the ionisation
- calculation for proton proton interactions (based on Kafexhui et al. 2014)
- different cross section models for high energies
- nuclear enhancement factor
In the near future the following updates will be implemented.
Webrun Interface--- mouse over options/input-fields to get a compact explanation ---
1.) Chose your CR proton and/or electron spectrum
2.) Select what you want to calculate (Ionisation and/or gamma-rays)
3.) Chose among the additional options for the individual calculations
4.) Click submit, your results will be ready in 10-40 seconds